Fedora 12 Released
It’s that time of year again, the Fedora Project announced the release of Fedora 12.
This release has received a great deal of polish, and with that plenty of media and documentation to go along with it.
Please see what’s new in Fedora 12. Some of the highlights include:
- Optimized performance - The 32-bit packages have been compiled for i686 systems
- Faster updates - The
yum-prestoplugin is default and
RPMhas updated its compression format
- More comprehensive networking and broadband support
- Next-generation (Ogg) Theora video
- Bluetooth on-demand
- Moblin graphical interface for netbooks
- Gnome 2.28
- KDE 4.3 (with updated “Air” theme)
- Better webcam support
- Better tablet support
- Improvements to Virtualization
There is also available a condensed form of the release notes in 1 page, also in PDF.
As always, you can download Fedora 12 using the standard mirrors or using the Torrent (recommended).
When reading through all the information and documentation, it is easy to tell that a great deal of polish went into this release! Happy installing.
Posted in: Distributions, F12, Fedora, Miscellaneous,
CEO on January 21, 2011 - 10:22 PM
Fedora is nice and stable, butt the problem is, it needs alot of time to customize it, and prepair it for a normal desktop.
other distros have them out-of-the-box
and the GUI package manager is verry slow.