Fedora 12 Released
It’s that time of year again, the Fedora Project announced the release of Fedora 12.
This release has received a great deal of polish, and with that plenty of media and documentation to go along with it.
Please see what’s new in Fedora 12. Some of the highlights include:
- Optimized performance - The 32-bit packages have been compiled for i686 systems
- Faster updates - The
yum-prestoplugin is default and
RPMhas updated its compression format
- More comprehensive networking and broadband support
- Next-generation (Ogg) Theora video
- Bluetooth on-demand
- Moblin graphical interface for netbooks
- Gnome 2.28
- KDE 4.3 (with updated “Air” theme)
- Better webcam support
- Better tablet support
- Improvements to Virtualization
When reading through all the information and documentation, it is easy to tell that a great deal of polish went into this release! Happy installing.
CEO on January 21, 2011 - 10:22 PM
Fedora is nice and stable, butt the problem is, it needs alot of time to customize it, and prepair it for a normal desktop.
other distros have them out-of-the-box
and the GUI package manager is verry slow.