Fedora 10 Released
Cambridge has been launched.
After another round of hacking and coding the Fedora project just announced the release of Fedora 10. The Fedora team has been working overtime to make sure this release arrived in spite of the security issues they had earlier this year.
The highlights from the Release Summary:
- GNOME 2.24 - Instant messaging, video, time tracking, and file management improvements
- KDE 4.1.2 - many needed updates to KDE4
- LXDE - Windows like lightweight desktop environment
- Sugar Desktop (XO) - Desktop provided on the OLPC project
- New ‘Plymouth’ graphical boot system
- Language support improvements
- Printing improvements
- PulseAudio sound improvements now “glitch-free”
- Improved Webcam support
- Improved wireless network sharing
- Added/improved remote control (infrared) support
- Faster startup
- Bluetooth Improvements
- Support for EXT4 and XFS in installer
- New Empathy Instant Messenger
- Eclipse 3.4
- OpenOffice 3.0
- Kernel 2.6.27
Please user the
Fedora-List mailing list or any of the forums for help. I have published my Personal Fedora 10 Installation Guide which is currently only a draft. Lots more to do!
Fedora 10 seems less like a radical update as some past versions have been. A great deal of “under the hood” improvements have been made to improve the distribution for the desktop and its many uses. Hopefully people will find it useful! A more thorough examination to follow.
Antoni Ridzki Andromeda on December 6, 2008 - 02:02 AM
Fedora 10 still features bugs!
I understand that, but, I prefer the stability of Fedora 9. Rest of it, Good!
Brad on November 25, 2008 - 02:14 PM
Thanks for publishing such a great, comprehensive, resource!
Santosh on August 24, 2009 - 06:06 AM
I am having problem installing Fedora 10 on my PC, I have fedora 3 currently but when I go for installing Fedora 10 It starts vmlinuz and prompts for language and location selection and pops up for selecting the ISO image from CD/DVD, Local hard Disk, Network URL and here If I select CD/DVD option It says Fedora core cd could not be found on any of your CDROM. all the thanks for any help.