Fedora Core 5 Test 3 Released
- Package selection within the installer has been reenabled.
- Rebuilt again on later gcc4.1 snapshot for performance and security
- Hibernate should be functional on a wide variety of hardware again
- GNOME 2.13.4 development release and KDE 3.5 general release
- Xen Virtualisation software and yum package manager are now well integrated within the Fedora installer. The installer interface is more streamlined. Remote logging and improved support for tracebacks is included.
FC5-test2 seemed to be moving in the right direction. For the most part things should not be much different, but even incremental changes can have serious effects.
I plan to thoroughly test this release, and update all my documentation and procedures to see how much things have changed. According to the schedule, we should see a final Fedora Core 5 on March 15.
Simon B on February 21, 2006 - 08:08 AM
You can download a VMWare image of FC5T3 here: